Hi! I’m Dr. Shelly Sethi, board-certified family physician turned Integrative and Functional Medicine specialist.
I’ve always been obsessed with health and wellness (yes, I started meditating as a child). And when my father was gravely ill with heart disease, I chose to follow my lifelong curiosity and enroll in medical school, hoping that I could figure out how to prevent disease.
But after 15 years of practicing family medicine, I realized that the system I was operating within wasn’t allowing me to make the difference my heart yearned for. I was frustrated and burnt out, tired of handing out prescriptions rather than helping my patients actually get to the root of their health issues.
So I decided to practice a different kind of medicine. One that allowed me to acknowledge what I’d always intuitively believed: that the mind and body are inextricably linked, nutrition & lifestyle are more important than medication, and prevention is the best tool we have to manage disease.
I’ve studied under the country’s finest doctors, like Dr. Andrew Weil, traveled and spoken around the globe, and published a best-selling book. But nothing compares to the overwhelming feeling of gratitude and complete heart-melting happiness that comes with watching my patients thrive.
I am so grateful to be a part of your healing journey.
Dr. Shelly Sethi
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Osteopathic Medical Degree, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Integrative Medical Degree, University of Arizona (with Dr. Andrew Weil)
- University of Arizona Andrew Weil Center For Integrative Medicine
Certifications & Continuing Education
- American Board of Physician Specialties, board certified in Integrative Medicine, and board certified in Family Medicine
- Institute of Functional Medicine
- Botanical and Herbal Medicine Studies (with Dr. Tierona Low Dog)
- Woman To Watch: Dr. Shelly Sethi